Saturday 2 March 2013

Wig Workshop

This is the second and final part of a two week wig workshop I have been taking with Sue in the makeup studio. In week 1 of this workshop I learnt how to prepare the wig block, put a wig onto the block securely and, using a photograph of a 1950's hairstyle, inserted rollers and pin-curls and set the wig using setting spray and conditioning solution. It then went into the wig oven to bake and be ready to style this week.
This week we took out all the pins and rollers and, using the guidance photographs from last week, created our chosen hairstyles. We then prepared each others hair by wrapping and pin-curling and covering with a stocking, ready to put the wigs on to each other and finish dressing them. I enjoyed and learnt a lot from this workshop and feel confident that I could now go out into industry and, as an assistant, be able to block and prepare a wig.


While at the wig workshop the sheets for the next weeks photography studio space went up on the board in the office downstairs and by the time I finished my workshop at 1pm all available space for the following week was already taken leaving me to feel quite anxious about getting studio time in order to progress further with my project. The only solution I can see is to make sure I am in the office first thing next friday morning when the new sign up sheets are put up to make sure I get space for over easter booked.

No comments:

Post a Comment