Tuesday 26 March 2013

DISASTER

I was feeling very prepared and finally confident about my next shoot for the character of Celia. I have my model and photographer ready and excited for the day and costumes on hold for hire. 
Today I received a phone call from the photography studio bookings office at university informing me that I would not be able to use my studio booking for Friday as it is Good Friday and the whole university is closed for the Easter weekend, despite the fact that I booked this studio space 2 weeks in advance, surely they must have known the university was going to be closed and never should have allowed bookings for this day. This is extremely bad a frustrating news and could prove to be a major set back to the production of my project. The university have offered to try and fit me in at some point on Thursday because there is likely to be cancellations or no shows but this is not a guarantee and my model and photographer both have work on Thursday.
My plan of action is to try and remain clam and positive to find a solution to this problem. My plan at the moment is to not waste the opportunity of having my model and photographer available and willing and get something out of Friday. I have white walls in my flat so I am going to go and hire a basic lighting kit to try and get some head shots at least at home and I have discussed with my photographer and we have agreed that, weather permitting, we will get some location shots done in the parks and down near the Old Town, as my story is set in the Victorian era and the rest of the city is quite modern looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment