Friday 8 March 2013

Testing

After some obvious flaws in my first shoot and my tutor expressing the need for test shoots to be done, otherwise it becomes difficult to progress further with my project, I felt in necessary to practice the looks for my remaining characters. Testing being particularly essential for the character of Mr A.H (my next planned shoot) and Prospero The Enchanter as I will need to be laying on a beard and moustaches on my models.



Testing of makeup look 1 for the character of Celia: Pale base with slight contouring to enhance cheekbones and jaw line to look sharp on camera. Natural colour on eyes, with a small amount of mascara just to make sure the eyes are picked up on camera. Light application of a pale pink blush to add a slight rosiness to the cheeks. Natural looking all over lip pencil so as not to add any gloss or shine to the lips with lipstick or gloss. This is a simple look but I will need to ensure that on the day of the shoot all of my blending is flawless to give the impression of not having makeup on at all.



Testing for the character of Mr A.H: Pale base. Heavy contouring to create a ghostly look. Theatrical aging with lines and darkening around the eyes. Laying on a moustache with crepe hair. I feel that I need to seek help from Sue or Lottie to perfect the facial hair, something I have not had a lot of practice with.




Testing of makeup look 3 for character of Celia: 'Stage makeup' - To purposely look very made up. Heavily applied pale base. Heavily powdered. Bright rosy cheeks. Striking red lip. Enhancement of eyebrows. Black eyeliner and heavy mascara with highlighting of brow bone to make eyes stand out. A modern, dramatic twist on the first makeup.



No comments:

Post a Comment