Friday 8 March 2013

Marco Shoot

I have now booked plenty of studio space over the Easter holidays which is a huge relief.

Yesterday was my first shoot for the character of Marco, modelled by James Trinder. Here are a selection of the images from the shoot...




 

My model was very handsome, photogenic and suited the character well. He has very striking eyes and strong facial features. I am very happy with the images I have from this shoot, with plenty I can use in my book. Although I do feel it is apparent that it was a last minute shoot and I could have been more prepared. This shoot has taught me that I need to be more confident at directing and making sure I know exactly what kind of images I want to get out of each of my remaining shoots, by way of poses and composition. Also, I need to pay more attention to the fine details such as, making sure the makeup is blended well and the clothing is looking sharp and in the right positions. This was my photographer's first studio shoot in some time and so some of the lighting could have been better. For example, the trousers getting a bit lost in the background in some of the full length shots. I understand this is also because of the use of black clothing against a black background, but I want all of my shoots to be shot against the black backdrop because it best suits the story. This can be fixed on photoshop during post production, but we will make sure to get the lighting set up better in my future shoots. Considering how unprepared and unconfident I felt going into this shoot I am pleased with many of the images, particularly the second image I have posted here, after some editing I feel they will be strong enough to represent this character in the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment