Tuesday 29 January 2013

Feedback - Week 1

During my first meeting with my major project tutor it became apparent that some aspects of my project are still rather vague and certain details needed fine tuning.
First of all it was decided that I needed to decide on the specific focus/order/structure of my book.
Is it's intention to showcase me or my work? 
Is it to be a film in a book? 
Will there be a section on each character or will the book show the journey of the whole story as it progresses?

These were things that I had not completely considered but I have come to the conclusion that I want the focus of the book to be on my skills regarding character makeup and therefore want the book to be heavily image based and structured as having a section for each character. This means that I can design and plan for one character at a time, giving more detail to each shoot and this will eliminate any problems that could incur when it comes to finding several models to all be available at the same time as each other and my photographer.

My task and the next step is now to research book layouts and what I want from my pages when it comes to the relationship between image and text.

No comments:

Post a Comment