Sunday 27 January 2013

Week 1

At the end of the first official week of period 2 and the beginning of our final major project unit I am able to reflect on my progress...
To be perfectly honest I feel I haven't achieved much this week. I have mostly just been trying to get my head around the new unit briefs, my new timetable and the next (and last) few months of this course, and it has definitely been daunting to think about. 
Every time I make a small step forwards with this project it highlights even more things I need to consider.
I still need to find male models and plan exactly how I want my shoots to turn out and how many shoots I am going to produce to make an adequate project. 

However, despite this somewhat negative start to my proceedings, this weekend I did go charity and vintage shopping in Bexhill and Brighton in search (and hope) of suitable props, costumes and accessories for my shoots.

Here's what I found...

A Victorian Silver handled cane

 A Victorian style lace shirt from the 1970's
(Found in a vintage/charity shop in Bexhill)
(Detailing)
Victorian ruffled collar
(Detailing)
Victorian looking cuffs

 Accessories
Bow Tie, Victorian looking Brooch, 2 pairs of Victorian looking earrings, Victorian styled clip on neck pearls
(Found in a vintage shop in Bexhill, managed to haggle a bargain for them all)



And...

The lovely lady in the shop where the accessories were found (Maud's) gave me a pair of authentic Victorian ladies hand gloves for free because they are slightly damaged and very small and she did not have any suitable Black or White gloves for me to buy (Black and White being my main colour scheme)
I doubt I will use them as they do not fit in with my colour scheme, but it was very nice of the owner to give them away for nothing and who knows they may actually come in handy.
Authentic Victorian ladies hand gloves



I also managed to make what could become a useful contact at a vintage store in Brighton (Dirty Harry's), the man who worked there asked about my project and gave me the card for his personal online vintage shop where he said they regularly stock authentic Victorian clothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment